As a new Alliance Member, Complete College Alabama has committed to setting college attainment goals, collecting and reporting completion data, and pursuing Complete College America’s Game Changer strategies – interventions that are proven to dramatically increase college completion rates and shorten time to graduation, saving students thousands.
Complete College Alabama will be led by an alliance team that will represent Alabama at national events and work jointly across institutions to improve college completion rates and achieve positive outcomes for their students. Dr. Jackie Smith, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Athens State University, will lead the Complete College Alabama team.
The full team includes:
- Dr. Jackie Smith, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Athens State University – Team Lead
- Dr. Cynthia Anthony, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success, Alabama Community College System Office – Two-Year Implementation Lead
- Dr. Mary Beth Armstrong, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Montevallo University – Four-Year Institution Lead
- Ms. Subrena Simpkins, Director of Research Services, Alabama Commission on Higher Education – Metrics, Evidence and Results Lead
- Ms. Margaret Gunter, Director of Communications and Government Relations, Alabama Commission on Higher Education– Communications Lead
- Ms. Chandra Scott, Director, Strategic Outcomes, Mobile Area Education Foundation–At-Large Member
- Mr. Rod Scott, State Representative, District 5, Alabama Legislature–Equity and Legislative Lead
The latest from Alabama
College in High School State Legislative Tracker
CHSA tracker compiles bills and regulatory actions impacting college in high school programs across the country.
College in High School 2020 Year in Review
Review of 2020 legislation for college in high school programs.
Preparing the College to Serve Today's Students
Getting Ready to Serve Today's Students
What Does This Mean for Our Status?: Accreditation as a Catalyst & Lever for College Completion
Recording of discussion between accreditation agencies and CCA.