As a new Alliance Member, Complete College Alabama has committed to setting college attainment goals, collecting and reporting completion data, and pursuing Complete College America’s Game Changer strategies – interventions that are proven to dramatically increase college completion rates and shorten time to graduation, saving students thousands.
Complete College Alabama will be led by a six-person alliance team that will represent Alabama at national events and work jointly across institutions to improve college completion rates and achieve positive outcomes for their students. Dr. Reginald Sykes, the president of Bishop State Community College, will lead the Complete College Alabama team.
The full team includes:
- Reginald Sykes, President, Bishop State Community College – Team Lead, Equity Lead
- Russ Rothamer, Chief Academic Officer, Alabama Community College System – Implementation Lead, Two-Year Institution Lead
- James McDonald, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Montevallo University – Four-Year Institution Lead
- Subrena Simpkins, Director of Research Services, Alabama Commission on Higher Education – Metrics, Evidence and Results Lead
- Danny Garrett, Alabama Legislature – Policy and Legislation Lead
- Margaret Gunter, Director of Communications and Government Relations, Alabama Commission on Higher Education– Communications Lead
Currently Working On
The latest from Alabama
Creating a Culture of Completion
CCA's episodic report celebrates the history of the organization and the work of the Alliance Members that have pushed to make change for students across the country.
Dec 4-Dec 6