As a new Alliance Member, Complete College Alabama has committed to setting college attainment goals, collecting and reporting completion data, and pursuing Complete College America’s Game Changer strategies – interventions that are proven to dramatically increase college completion rates and shorten time to graduation, saving students thousands.
Complete College Alabama will be led by an alliance team that will represent Alabama at national events and work jointly across institutions to improve college completion rates and achieve positive outcomes for their students. Dr. Jackie Smith, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Athens State University, will lead the Complete College Alabama team.
The full team includes:
- Dr. Jackie Smith, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Athens State University – Team Lead
- Dr. Kemba Chambers, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Teaching & Learning, Alabama Community College System Office – Implementation Lead, Two-Year Institution Lead
- Dr. Mary Beth Armstrong, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Montevallo University – Four-Year Institution Lead
- Ms. Subrena Simpkins, Director of Research Services, Alabama Commission on Higher Education – Metrics, Evidence and Results Lead
- Ms. Margaret Gunter, Director of Communications and Government Relations, Alabama Commission on Higher Education– Communications Lead
- Ms. Chandra Scott, Director, Strategic Outcomes, Mobile Area Education Foundation–At-Large Member
- Mr. Rod Scott, State Representative, District 5, Alabama Legislature–Equity and Legislative Lead
The latest from Alabama
Instructional Delivery and Academic Calendar
Resources and recording of June 18, 2020, webinar on adjusting academic calendar and instruction modes due to COVID-19.
State Education Policy Tracking
Education Commission of the States: view enacted and vetoed bills on a wide variety of education topics for the 2017, 2018 and 2019 legislative sessions.