Rallying Hoosiers around the cause of college completion is the foundation of Indiana’s strategic plan for higher education with its big goals of: 1) increasing the state’s education attainment rate to 60 percent and 2) closing completion gaps for underrepresented students by 2025. Indiana is embracing this challenge at all levels with efforts that have included:
- Rewarding results with performance-based funding for Indiana colleges.
- Strengthening student financial aid with credit completion requirements.
- Streamlining degree requirements and instituting degree maps with course-availability guarantees
- Redesigning remediation with the co-requisite model
- Increasing support for at-risk students (21st Century Scholars) and returning adults
The result: on-time graduation rates have increased by more than 11 percentage points at the Indiana’s public colleges over the past five years, and the completion gap between minority students and the overall student population has been cut nearly in half.
Currently Working On
The latest from Indiana
Creating a Culture of Completion
CCA's episodic report celebrates the history of the organization and the work of the Alliance Members that have pushed to make change for students across the country.
Dec 12-Dec 14
Indiana Commission for Higher Education College Completion Report 2019
Through learner-focused supports and instruction, Indiana’s colleges are helping more Hoosiers successfully earn postsecondary credentials. The Commission’s annual Completion Report provides trends for each public institution and highlights progress and challenges
Complete College America Recorded Webinars
View recordings of all of CCA's webinars from 2018 - present.